Saturday, October 6, 2012

"I see Jesus in you face"

Inspiration does not always hit at the seemingly most convienient moments but for whatever reason I am busting to share an experience I had yesterday and hope it will be a blessing. And what do you know? Gideon (4) is playing with a friend, Elijah (17months) is sleeping and Caden (3 1/2 months)is bouncing contendedly watching me type! Holy spirit anyone?

Yesterday I woke up...less then joyful. Unmotivated, unhappy, bad attitude. I wanted to sit on the couch and just hide and be selfish and shame on me after a SECOND blessed night of sleep! But I had plans and I knew I would feel so badly later if I gave into selfishness. So by the Holy Spirits power I pulled on a giant sweatshirt, left my seat pants on, zombied my way through the kiddo's morning routine and loaded into the car. The whole day was filled with unexpected and sweet surprises. A coffee bought for me in the morning, a smiling friend and her adorable fuzzy puppy, fellowship with a very dear friend on the eve of her marriage, unexpected motivation to make some meals with enough to freeze for later as gifts and a superb burst of energy in the afternoon! Enough to take my kids to the park! It was gorgeous out! Gorgeous, sunny, breezy a cool fall day! I took off my flip-flops and raced my four year old to the play ground and bounded happily through the play structures (and just a side note; I generally don't like going to the park. I get bored SO fast and so tired of chasing Elijah and pushing swings. Its a true sacrifice of love I practice for my kids and not as often as they would like I'm sure)

There was an older gentleman there with his grandaughter and we talked about the unceasing energy of little children and the beautiful weather. I was so happy to have some energy and enjoy this moment with my kids I probably looked outrageously and annoyingly happy. One of those people that make you roll your eyes on some days like "what is she on?" Well, after sometime as this gentleman prepared to leave, he said "Just in case you didn't know, Jesus loves you" "I DO know!" I said "I knew it!" He exclaimed, "I can see Jesus on your face! Have a great evening"

Glory be to God! Thank you Jesus that you got Glory and recognition! It was NOT because I "Had it all together" or even looked put together. In fact, I was STILL wearing those huge sweats and a look in the mirror revealed a ponytail falling out with hair shooting out all directions. Black mascara from THE DAY BEFORE! Smeared under my eyes and a major need of some eyebrow tweezing! No, it was not my cute outfit or nice face that showed this man Jesus. It was the Joy that was shining out by the Holy Spirit alone. The laughter and sweet words exchanged between my kids (Don't worry, even they weren't perfect, Elijah threw a nice little tantrum!) I praise Jesus that He lives in my heart and that He can shine in my weak selfish self. Of all that was accomplished in my day yesterday, God recieving glory in that moment impacted me more than anything else.

God be Glorified in all of your weak moments today!!

P.S. Please don't take this as any sort of bragging except bragging of Jesus. It truly is just meant to encourage anyone who might wonder if others could possibly see God Glorified in them when they are downright spent! And feel free to roll your eyes and wonder what I'm on...I wonder sometimes myself! I'm a crazy!

1 comment:

  1. That is such an awesome blessing to yourself and a priveledge to shine for Him!

    ReplyDelete